|Congressman Van Taylor is proud to serve on the influential House Committee on Financial Services which has a significant on Texas' Third Congressional District which is home to hundreds of financial services companies who support more than 45,000 jobs throughout Collin County.
The House Committee on Financial Services
The House Committee on Financial Services maintains jurisdiction over the entire financial services industry, including the banking, housing, insurance, and securities and exchanges sectors. The Committee also provides oversight over the Federal Reserve, the United States Department of the Treasury, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as other regulatory agencies.
Clause 1(h) of rule X of the Rules of the House of Representatives for the 116th Congress sets forth the jurisdiction of the Committee on Financial Services as follows:
- Banks and banking, including deposit insurance and Federal monetary policy.
- Economic stabilization, defense production, renegotiation, and control of the price of commodities, rents, and services.
- Financial aid to commerce and industry (other than transportation).
- Insurance generally.
- International finance.
- International financial and monetary organizations.
- Money and credit, including currency and the issuance of notes and redemption thereof; gold and silver, including the coinage thereof; valuation and revaluation of the dollar.
- Public and private housing.
- Securities and exchanges.
- Urban development.